Whatever your shredding requirements, whatever the volume and whatever the frequency of service that you require, Evergreen Secure Shredding + Recycling will provide you with a secure solution.
Once shredded, all paper records are recycled into new tissue and paper products, supporting the environmental circular economy. Media and any other materials shredded are sent for recycling or to Waste to Energy facilities, for energy recovery.
Why you should shred
With identity fraud rising, sensitive information and data needs to be destroyed properly otherwise confidential details can be put at risk.
Shredding will help you to comply with your obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), tailored by the Data Protection Act 2018, enabling you to demonstrate good data protection practice and avoid exposing your business to enforcement action by the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) that can damage your hard-earned reputation and put a significant dent in your bank balance.
What you should shred
Paper Records: Any paperwork, such as printed email, may contain personal data. Confidential information including personnel records, customer details, supplier details, business reports and records etc.
Electronic Media: Such as digital memory, discs, magnetic tapes, back up tapes, optical discs, microfiche, CD’s, SIM cards, USB memory sticks, hard drives etc.
Uniforms & Branded Goods: Items that could potentially cause problems if they fall into the wrong hands, such as branded uniforms, ID cards, credit cards, end of line or faulty goods etc.
Why you should choose Evergreen
We are committed to providing first class service, advice and equipment to our customers, investing continuously in our staff, depots, equipment and vehicles in order to maintain this level of service.
Off-site shredding is a cost-effective solution for secure shredding service.
Whatever the volume and whatever the frequency of service that you require, we will provide you with a secure solution.
Every Data Controller using an information destruction company is required to choose a supplier which provides sufficient guarantees of security measures, including destruction being carried out under contract and evidenced in writing.
As an Approved British Security Industry Association (BSIA) Information Destruction member, we provide this quality guarantee.
We work to BS EN 15713, the European Standard for the secure destruction of confidential material, which incorporates the complete information destruction process from collection, destruction and recycling as part of our ISO 9001:2015 quality management system annual audit.
Our security destruction procedures are vetted by approved association membership.
How Off-site Shredding Works
- A written contract is entered into so that both of us are compliant with GDPR legal requirements.
- If required, lockable secure bin(s) to help you collect and protect your confidential data while on your premises, these will be delivered to your site.
- We can accept paper records, including in folders or files (provided the majority is paper based), and there is no need to remove staples or paper clips.
- Collections of confidential material are undertaken by our uniformed staff, security vetted to BS7858 which includes a DBS check and carrying photographic ID.
- We issue a secure waste transfer note for collections.
- To ensure that all confidential material collected remains protected from unauthorised access from the point of collection to complete destruction: Our vehicles are fitted with GPS tracking; fitted with an immobiliser/alarm; are closed and locked during transit and are immobilised/alarmed when left unattended; Drivers can communicate with our depots by telephone; All material is taken to one of our local secure destruction facilities which have an intruder alarm installed (to BS EN50131-1) monitored by an alarm receiving centre and a CCTV system monitoring unloading, storage and shredding areas.
- After shredding, all paper is baled and recycled by paper and tissue mills. Media and any other material shredded are sent for recycling or to Waste to Energy facilities, for energy recovery.
- We provide you with a certificate of destruction for legal compliance.